Dua From the Holy Quran
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem - In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alameen wa Assalaatu Wassalaamu Alaika Yaa Saiyyadul Mursaleen.
1. Rabbana taqabbal minna Innaka Antas Sami'ul 'Alim.
"Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: For You are the All-Hearing, the All-knowing." (2:127).
2. Rabbana waj 'alna Muslimayni laka wa min dhur-riyyatina Ummatam-Muslimatal-Lak wa arina manasi-kana watub 'alayna innaka Antat-Tawwabur-Rahim.
"Our Lord! Make us Muslims, bowing to Your (Will), and of our progeny. A People Muslim, bowing to Your (Will); and show us our place for celebration of (dua) rites; and turn unto us (in Mercy); for You are the Oft-Returning, Most Merciful." (2:128).
3. Rabbana atina fid-dunya hasnatan wafil akhirati hasanatan waqina 'adhaban-Nar.
"Our Lord! Give us good in this world, And good in the Hereafter, and protect us from the torment of the Fire!" (2:201)
4. Rabbana afrigh 'alayna sabran sabran wa thabbit aqdamana wan-surna 'alal-Qawmil-kafirin.
"Our Lord! Pour out constancy on us and make our steps firm: Help us against those that reject faith." (2:250)
5.Rabbana la tu 'akhidhna in-nasina aw akhta'na.
"Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; (2:86)
6.Rabbana wa la tahmil 'alayna isran kama hamaltahu alal-ladhina min qablina.
"Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden.Like that which You did lay on those before us;" (2:286)
7. Rabbana wa la tuhammilna ma la taqata lana bit wa 'fa 'anna waghfir lana warhamna Anta Mawlana fansurna 'alal-qawmil-kafirin.
"Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins. And grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Protector, Help us against those who stand against faith." (2:286)
8. Rabbana la tuzigh qulubana ba'daiz-hadaitana wahab lana mil ladunka rahmah innaka antal-wahhabu.
"Our Lord!" (they say),"Let not our hearts deviate now after Thou hast guided us, But grant us mercy From Thine own Presence; For Thou art the Grantor of bounties without measure." (3:8)
9. Rabbana innaka jami'un-nasiliyaumil-la raib fihi, innal-laha la yukhliful-mi'ad.
"Our Lord! Thou art He That will gather mankind together against a Day about which There is no doubt; for God Never fails in His promise." (3:9)
10.Rabbana innana amanna faghfirlana zunubana waqina azaban-nar.
"Our Lord!We have indeed believed, forgive us, then, our sin, and save us from the agony of the fire." (3:16)
11.Rabbana amanna bima anzalta wattaba 'nar-Rasula fak-tubna ma'ash-Shahidin.
"Our Lord! We believe in what You have revealed, and we follow that Messenger; then write us down among those who bear witness." (3:53)
12. Rabbanagh-firlana dhunubana wa israfana fi amrina wa sabbit aqdamana wansurna 'alal-qawmil-kafirin.
"Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and our transgressions, Establish our feet firmly and give us victory over the disbelieving folk." (3:147)
13. Rabbana ma khalaqta hadha batila Sab-hanaka faqina 'adhaban-Nar.
"Our Lord! Not for naught Have You created(all) this! Glory to You! Give us salvation from the punishment of the Fire." (3:191)
14. Rabbana innaka man tudkhilin-Nara faqad akhzaytah wa ma lizzalimina min ansar.
"Our Lord! Those You do admit to the Fire, Truly You coverest with shame, and never will wrong-doers find any helpers!" (3:192)
15. Rabbana innana sami'na munadiya-ny yunadi lil-imani an aminu bi-Rabbikum fa-amanna.
"Our Lord! We have heard the call of one calling (us) to faith, Believe you in the Lord, and we have belived." (3:193)
16. Rabbana faghfir lana dhunubana wa kaffir anna sayyi atina wa tawaffana ma 'al-Abrar.
"Our Lord! Forgive. Our sins, blot out from our iniquities, and take to Thyself our souls in the company of the righteous." (3:193)
17. Rabbana wa atina ma wa'adtana'ala rusulika wa la tukhzina Yawmal-Qiyamah innaka la tukhliful mi'ad.
"Our Lord! Grant us what You did promise unto us through Your messengers, and save us from shame on the Day of Judgement: For You never break You promise." (3:194)
18. Rabbana amanna faktubna ma 'ash-shahidin.
"Our Lord! We believe; write us down among the witnesses." (5:83)
19.Rabbana anzil 'alayna ma 'idatam-minas-Samai takunu lana 'idal-li-awwa-lina wa akhirina wa Ayatam-minka war-zuqna wa Anta khayrur-raziqin.
"O our Lord! Send us from heaven a table set (with viands), that there may be for us-for the first and the last of us -a solemn festival, And a sign from You; and provide for our sustenance, for You are the best Sustainer (of our needs)." (5:114)
20. Rabbana zalamna anfusana wa illam taghfir lana watarhamna lanakunna minal-khasirin.
"Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If You forgive us not, And bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost." (7:23)
21. Rabbana la taj'alna ma'al-qawmiz-zalimin.
"Our Lord! Send us not to the company of the wrong-doers." (7:47)
22. Rabbanaf-tah baynana wa bayna qawmina bil-haqqi wa Anta Khayrul-Fatihin.
"Our Lord! Decide You between us and our people in truth, for You are the best to decide." (7:89)
23. Rabbana afrigh 'alayna sabranw-wa tawaffana Muslimin.
"Our Lord! Pour out on us patience and constancy, And take our souls unto You as Muslims (who bow to thy will)!" (7:126)
24. Rabbana la taj alna fitnatal-lil-qawmiz-zalimin wa najjina bi-Rahmatika minal-qawmil-kafirin.
"Our Lord! Make us not a trial and those who practise oppression; And deliver us by Your Mercy from those who reject(You)." (10:85-86)
25. Rabbana innaka ta 'tamu ma nukhfi wa ma nu 'lin wa ma yakhfa 'alal-lahi min shay 'in fil-ardi wa la fis-Sama.
"O our Lord! Truly You do know what we conceal and what we reveal: for nothing whatever is hidden from Allah, whether on earth or in heaven." (14:38)
26. Rabbana wa taqabbal Du 'a
"O our Lord! Accept my Prayers." (14:40)
27. Rabbanaghfir li wa li-walidayya wa lil Muminina Yawma yaqumul Hisab.
"O our Lord! Cover (us with Your ) Forgiveness-me, my parents, and (all) Blievers, on the Day that the Reckoning will be established!" (14:41)
28. Rabbana atina mil-ladunka rahmatanw wahyyi' lana min amrina rashada.
"Our Lord! Bestow us mercy from Yourself, and facilitate for us our affair in the right way." (18:10)
29. Rabbana innana nakhafu any-yafruta 'alayna aw any-yatgha.
"O Lord! we fear lest he hasten with insolence against us, or lest he transgress all bounds." (20:45)
30. Rabbana amanna faghfirlana war-hamna wa-anta khairur-rahimin.
"Our Lord! We believe, then do you forgive us and have mercy upon on us, for you are the Best of all Who show mercy." (23:109)
31. Rabbanas-rif 'anna 'adhaba jahannama inna 'adhabaha kana gharama innaha sa 'at musta-qarranw wa muqama.
"Our Lord! Avert from us the torment of Hell. Verily! Its torment is ever an inseparable, permanent punishment." "Evil indeed is it as an abode, and as a place to rest in." (25:65,66)
32. Rabbana hab lana min azwajina wa dhurriy-yatina qurrata a'yuninw waj'alna lilmuttaqina imama.
"Our Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, And enable us (the Grace)to lead the righteous." (25:74)
33. Rabbana la-Ghafurun-Shakur.
"Our Lord is indeed Oft-Forgiving Ready to appreciate(service). (35:34)
34. Rabbana wasi'ta kulla shai'ir-rahmatanw-wa 'ilman faghfir-lilladhina tabu wat-taba'u sabilaka waqihim 'adhabal-jahim.
"Our Lord! You comprehend all things in mercy and knowledge, so forgive those who repent and follow Your way, and save them from the torment of the blazing fire!" (40:7)
35. Rabbana wa adkhilhum jannati adni-nillati wa'at-tahum waman salaha min aba'ihim wa azwajihim wa zurriy-yatihim innaka antal-azizul-hakim waqihimus-sayyi 'at wa man taqis-sayyi 'ati Yawma 'idhin faqad rahimatahu wa dhalika huwal Fawzul- 'azim.
"Our Lord! Make them enter the Gardens of Eden which Thou hast promised them, with such of their fathers and their wives and their descendants as do right. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Mighty, the Wise. And preserve them from (all) ills; And those You do preserve from ills that Day,- on them will You have bestowed Mercy indeed: and that will be truly (for them) the highest achivement." (40:8-9)
36. Rabbanagh-fir-lana wali ikhwaninal-ladhina sabaquna bil-imani wala taj'al fi qulubina ghillal-lilladhina amanu.
"Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethen who have preceded us in faith and put not in out hearts any hatred against those who have believed."(59.10)
37. Rabbana innaka Ra'ufur-Rahim.
"Our Lord! You are indeed Full of Kindness, Most Merciful." (59.10)
38. Rabbana 'alaika tawakkalna wa ilaika anabna wa ilaikal-masir.
"Our Lord! In You Alone we put our trust and to You Alone we turn in repentence for our sins, and To You Alone is our final return." (60:4)
39. Rabbana la taj'alna fitnatal-lilladhina kafaru waghfir lana Rabbana innaka Antal-Azizul-Hakim.
"Our Lord! Make us not a (test and) trial for the Unbelievers, but forgive us, our Lord! For You are the Exalted in Might, the Wise. (60:5)
40. Rabbana atmim lana Nurana waghfir lana innaka 'ala kulli shay'in Qadir.
" Our Lord! Perfect our Light for us, and grant us Forgiveness: for You have power over all things." (66:8)